Key-words: detection, near-duplicate, image, partial-copy video, key-frame, real-time, on- line, live TV, template matching, optimization, template selection, matchability prediction, robust matching
Description of the position
This PhD position takes part of grant program of the Tours University (UT) in France (call 2020). The host institution at the UT will be the LIFAT Laboratory in the PRIA Group. Details about the position are :
- Starting date : the regular PhD registration at the UT is September 2020.
- Length : it is a full-time PhD contract of 3 years (36 months).
- Salary : ≃ 1500 e / a month (take home pay).
- Extra costs : all the extra costs linked to the furniture (laptop, phone, office . . . ) and travels (publications into conferences, research stays . . . ) will be supported by the PRIA Group.
- University fees : ≃ 615 e / a year paid by the candidate. These fees will cover the social security and mutual insurance.
- Social help : the candidate will be registered as a student of the UT. He will be able to apply to the French financial help for accomodation (up to 40% of the total cost).Host institution and place
- Donatello Conte (PhD Director): email@example.com
- Mathieu Delalandre (PhD Supervisor): firstname.lastname@example.org
The application process will be handled in three main steps.
Registration: the candidate will have to send a CV plus a motivation letter (in English using the PDF format) to email@example.com before the 22th of May 2020 (hard deadline).
First interview: based on the CVs and motivation letters, candidates will be selected for a first interview with the PhD supervisors. A short list of candidates will be established for the final interview.
Final interview: the final interview will be scheduled in June 2020 with a full Jury of the Tours University. The candidates will be be notified then about their acceptance.